02 June 2012

June Blogger Challenge: Day 2 — Invisible



Invisible

Unseen
Unheard
Voiceless

This is how I was through years of anorexia.
I could not speak.
I did not want to be seen.
I was silenced.

I spoke without words.
Anorexia the outward manifestation of my inner pain.

Once I wrote...
Poems
Journal entries
Letters

That faded
As I faded

Falling into the wormhole
Of illness.

But a small flame
Flickered inside

Nourished by
the beliefs
of others
When I did not
Believe in myself.

I wrote
And I screamed out loud
On paper.
Knowing that part of healing
Came from
Releasing
The Spirit Within

Slowly,
I felt myself
Heard again.
I began to speak out.
Trying to help myself
By helping others

As the weight of anorexia
Lifted
I again found my voice.

And now I refused to be
Silenced.

And I no longer feel
Invisible.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

i am glad you no longer feel invisible. you have so much to give others and to give yourself! :)

Angela said...

You are amazing!

PurpleDreamer said...

Poetry has a way of being so freeing and healing... this is fantastic!

The Thrifty Book Nerd said...

I am so glad that you refused to silenced! The world would be a little less without. You are awesome!

Angela Elain Gambrel said...

Thank you for all the wonderful comments! You guys are awesome!!!